A Kefir face mask is very soothing and particularly beneficial for people afflicted by rosacea. It also has anti-ageing effects.
1 Tbspn Milk Kefir
1 Tbspn raw honey
½ ripe avocado
2 cucumber slices
- Mash the avocado with a fork until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add the honey.
- Stir in the Milk Kefir.
- Apply a small amount to the side of your neck behind your ear, to check for sensitivity. If you feel itchy or uncomfortable just clean with water immediately. Do not proceed. If there is no reaction after 5-10 minutes then proceed.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and neck.
- Place the cucumber slices over your eyes and relax.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
- The residual mix can be stored in the fridge and used within 2 days.
(While testing the recipe I decided to taste the mix. It’s really yummy! Now it’s got me thinking as to what else could this become as the base for a desert!)