The detoxifying nature of Kombucha makes it perfect for a facemask. You can cleanse the skin outside, while drinking the goodness and detoxifying inside.
100 ml fresh, lightly fermented Kombucha
2-3 Aloe Vera stems
2 Tbspn goji berries
¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
½ cup oats
2 slices cucumber
- Peel the outer skin from the Aloe Vera to extract enough pulp for ½ cup. Slice pulp finely.
- Place the Kombucha, Aloe, goji berries, pomegranate seeds and oats in a food processor.
- Blend until it forms a dense paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Apply a small amount to the side of your neck behind your ear, to check for sensitivity. If you feel itchy or uncomfortable just clean with water immediately and don’t proceed. If no reaction after 5-10 minutes, then proceed.
- Apply to your face and neck.
- Place the cucumber slices over your eyes and relax.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.