Condiments are small, quick ferments that are easy to introduce in your daily routine.
4 large plums, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cardamom pods to infuse the chutney
¼ cup of whey
2 teaspoons sea salt
½ cup raisins
4 tablespoons of honey or malt syrup
¼ cup of macadamias and walnuts mixed then crushed.
¼ cup Goji berries
200 ml of 1.5% Brine
2*500 ml Jar
1. Toss plums with the spices in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the brine.
3. Toss with a wooden spoon, and smash the mixture a little to make it juicy.
4. Let sit in the bowl on the counter, covered for about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the chutney to a clean Fido jar and if the liquid does not cover the top of the chutney, stir the brine until it is covered.
6. Seal the jar, label and date.
7. Place the jar on the bench and let it ferment for 2 to 3 days, then place the chutney in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Use within 1 month.
In season during late summer and autumn