Condiments are small, quick ferments that are easy to introduce in your daily routine.
2 cups shredded or julienne zucchini
1 cup of finely chop kale
Some basil leaves
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 small onion, diced
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of pink peppercorn
2 garlic cloves, minced
15-20 gr of sea salt, to taste
50 ml Whey, apple cider vinegar, Kombucha or Master Tonic juice
100 of 1.5 Brine purified Water
1. In a medium-size bowl combine all ingredients. Stir well to combine, and season with of salt, spices and herbs. Taste and add more salt if needed. The mixture should be flavourful with a hint of saltiness.
2. Transfer relish to the jars, pouring any liquid that remains at the bottom of the bowl over the vegetables. Leave a 1-1/2-inch headspace.
3. Pack the relish into a clean jar, pressing down the vegetables.
4. Close the jar, label and dated.
5. Place the jar in the bench for two to three days.
6. Then transfer to the fridge where it will keep for months.
This is a Spring & Summer recipe