This is more a list of possibilities than a recipe.
(Approx. 1.5kg total)
Chillies (red & green)
Spring Onion (2cm)
1.5% brine (15 grams mineral salt in 1 litre filtered water)
Splash of rice wine vinegar or raw apple cider vinegar or dash of plain kombucha
Makes approx. 2* 1 ltr jars
1. Chop and combine as available and to your taste.
2. Pack firmly into jars or crock to remove air pockets.
3. Fill up to the shoulder, leaving 3- 5cm for the mix to rise. Cover all with the brine, leaving 2.5-4cm of space to the rim. Ideally the mixture should be under the brine. If the mixture keeps floating above the brine then place a clean folded cabbage leaf & piece of carrot on top as a plug to hold the mixture under the brine.
4. Ferment at room temperature on the kitchen bench for 7-14 days.
5. Transfer to storage jars and refrigerate.
This recipe is suitable from Late November until February